Escoda Optimo Kolinsky Sable Hair brushes are one of the perfect brushes for watercolour due to the result of the perfect combination of the best male and female hairs. It is considered one of the best types of natural hair for its softness and its natural spring. It is also valued in acrylic and oil painting to paint portraits or to finalize details of a piece of work.
The process of designing and creating Escoda Optimo brushes in their factory begins and ends with brush artisans. Each brush is meticulously crafted by hand resulting in a brush that will be of service for years to come. A triple crimp (exclusive trademark design for Escoda) is applied to the brush ensuring a fixed ferrule that will remain in place for a lifetime of use. The Optimo brushes go through a curing process, original to the Escoda company, which consolidates and locks each hair in place creating a permanent brush shape. It also increases the natural spring of the brush and its ability to retain the original form / shape.
Escoda Optimo Brushes have a substantial belly and a precise point, allowing you to pick up a large quantity of paint at a time as well as painting fine lines and detailing with it. These brushes have amazing flexibility and spring, giving an artist great control.
- Best Male and Female Kolinsky Sable Hair; One of the best natural hair for its softness & natural spring
- Ideal for Watercolours and Suitable for Oil, Acrylics and Gouache, Stiffness: 3 on 6; Used in acrylic and oil painting to paint portraits or to finalize details of a piece of work
- Triple Crimped Ferrule, ensuring that it will remain in place for a lifetime of use
- Substantial belly, precise point and amazing spring / snap
- Handle: Travel Brush - Short; Shape: Round Pointed; Size: 4
These beautiful Escoda Optimo travel brushes are perfect for taking on painting trips. They are in two parts enabling you to put the brush end inside the handle for easy transportation. In its travel form, the brushes are small metal capsules. In this form, the bristles are protected from damage, when inside your pencil bag or box. The brushes are well made and solid to touch. It is our opinion that even though Water brushes are the contemporary solution for watercolour on the go, these travel brushes make you feel great and the positivity reflects in your painting.