- Best Synthetic Squirrel Hair; extremely soft with great retention capacity
- Ideal for Watercolours and suitable for Gouache, Stiffness: 1 on 6
- Triple Crimped Ferrule, ensuring that it will remain in place for a lifetime of use
- Substantial belly, precise point and amazing spring / snap
- Handle: Short, Shape: Mop, Size: 14
Escoda Mop brushes are slightly different from traditional quill / wire bound mop brushes. Unlike most traditional mop brushes where hairs are bound with wires, Escoda has designed its mop brush by using a metal circular ferrule much like a standard round brush. There are two major advantages to this triple crimped ferrule Firstly, the nicely bound hairs stay snuggly in the ferrule after many uses unlike quill / wire bound mops, where the loose hairs fall out and get stuck to the paper. Secondly, in case you are an artist who uses the brush almost flat (at almost a 180 degree angle) to the paper, you will not end up scratching the paper with Escoda Mops, unlike the traditional quill / wire bound mops.
Mop brushes have long hairs, and a natural-shaped tip. They are round versions of the wash brush, made of soft, absorbent hair. It is useful for laying in large areas of water or color, for wetting the surface, and for absorbing excess media.